Na Pali Rafting Tours
Season: Offered Year-Round
Departure Times: 8:00am & 1:00pm
Tour Duration: 4.5 hours (give or take a half hour)
Ages: 6 & over
- See Entire Stretch of the Majestic Na Pali Coast
- Sea Cave Accessibility (Summer Highlight)
- Marine Life Encounters with Dolphins, Turtles, and Humpback Whales (Winter Highlight)
- Snorkel/Swim in pristine waters
- Smaller intimate groups (14 pax)
- Fresh Fruit, Hawaiian Snacks, Iced Beverages
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 6-12
- Private Charter Ages 6+ | Up to 14 Pax
Up close & personal with Na Pali Coast!
If you like to drink tea on a big yacht with your pinker finger high in the air, you’re probably not going to like this!
However, if you are the wet & wild adventuresome type, look no further as our tours are likely to be the highlight of your Kauai vacation. The benefits of being on a raft vs a creature comfort large catamaran go on and on, but here are a few reasons bullet pointed below.
- We fit into sea caves when conditions allow, large cats never fit.
- We have smaller more intimate groups, large cats have upward of 49 pax.
- We drive through waterfalls, large cats watch us from afar and drool.
- We snorkel/swim in pristine areas, large cats are legally restricted from these areas.
- Our ride is fast and fun, large cats are generally slow and boring.
Have we convinced you yet? Though we admit zodiacs are not the most comfortable or easiest way to see Na Pali and we do require you to be in above average physical shape, these boats are without a doubt the most fun way to experience Na Pali Coast. Please read the different tour descriptions below to help you decide on an experience that would be most enjoyable for you. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 808 635 7238, otherwise please book online and we’ll see you at the dock!
Our favorite time of year!
Our Winter Rafting Adventures take place first thing in the morning when conditions are generally favorable and Hawaiian Spinner Dolphin encounters are highly likely. In addition, over 10,000+ humpback whales migrate to Hawaiian waters during the winter months, which can be worth the price of admission in itself.
Next, we’ll work our way up Na Pali Coast for incredible views of hanging valleys, giant waterfalls, secluded beaches, and explosive sea caves for what is surely Kauai’s most raw and special experience on the island. Be sure to wear a swimsuit for this wet and wild adventure.
Rafting in general is an experience that should only be considered by young & fit individuals, but this is particularly true during the winter months when swells are generally a lot larger. This tour is very safe and a ton of fun, but will likely bring you to the edge of your comfort levels and give you a buzz that will last the rest of your Kaua’i vacation. If adventure is what you seek, look no further, this is your best day on Kaua’i, hands down.
We recommend that you reserve your tour in the beginning of your Kaua’i trip so that in the event of a weather cancellation we can try to reschedule you.
Adventure-meter shown below. Red would be the equivalent to class 5 white water rapids.
Experience of a lifetime!
Our early morning Summer Rafting Adventure is possibly the greatest experience to be had while on Kauaʻi. This activity has been rated number 1 in Hawaii for decades and itʻs easy to see why.
Summer conditions on our fast and agile rafts give us the freedom to experience all that Na Pali Coast has to offer with no boundaries or limitations. This 4.5 hour rafting adventure is packed with Na Pali Coast sightseeing, marine life encounters, sea caves, and snorkeling. If youʻre lucky enough to be on Kauaʻi during the months of May-September, this is the one tour you canʻt afford to miss.
Adventure-meter relative to our other 2 tours is shown below. Green would be a normal boat ride, and red would be equivalent to class 5 white water rapids.
As good as Na Pali gets!
Offered only during the Summer Months, our Afternoon Rafting Adventure is an award winning tour, ideal for adrenaline junkies and dare-devil types. Just like our morning tour, expect to see the same Na Pali Coastline, sea caves, marine life, and waterfalls as you would in the morning. The difference in the afternoon is the sun moves into a position that front-lights the coast, creating unimaginably gorgeous visuals and photography opportunities. Another perk of the afternoon tour is Na Pali is much quieter this time of day and so the odds of snorkeling with turtles goes up drastically.
Here’s the catch, this tour is only as fun as it sounds if the entire boat is full of young, fit, and adventuresome passengers. Afternoons on Na Pali are a lot windier than in the morning, so the ride is a lot wetter and wilder. If you are in above average physical condition and feel or act like you are between the ages of 15-45, book your best day on Kaua’i today, before its too late!
Adventure-meter shown below. Red would be equivalent to class 5 white water rapids.
- Dry bags – 1 per couple. These bags seal tightly and will ensure your belongings stay dry
- All top-of-the-line snorkel gear is provided onboard (mask, snorkel, de-fogger, fins, floatation devices, etc.)
- Ice-cold beverages (variety of local juices, sodas, and water)
- Na Pali snacks
- Fresh carved Hawaiian fruit
- Don your swimsuit before boarding our raft (no changing onboard)
- Light jackets, windbreakers, or long sleeve shirts are recommended as temperature and weather conditions can change unexpectedly
- FOOTWEAR- (shoes not allowed onboard) this is a barefoot tour; please wear something easy to remove such as flip-flops/sandals/thongs
We recommend packing as light as possible. (Most people overpack and regret it)
- Hat (only if snug fit)
- Sunscreen (spray-on sunscreen CANNOT be applied on board)
- Cameras – be prepared with a fully charged battery and lots of room on your memory stick (trust us!)
- Medicine – bring whatever medicine you usually depend upon during a 5-hour period
- Motion sickness pills/patch/wristbands if prone to seasickness